Lingfield FC is on the lookout for passionate individuals to join our media team to help sustain and grow our media offering.
The club maintain’s the position of being as professional off the pitch as we are on it.
The professionalism of our media outlets is now vital in securing ongoing sponsorship and developing relationships with new and existing supporters.
We have a combined social following of 4,000 people across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We’re looking for help in the following areas:-
Social media/website management
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual(s) to assist in maintaining and building our social media channels and website.
• Matchday coverage on social media, mainly Twitter (home/away)
• Writing Match reports and uploading to website
• Writing further content for website, articles, etc.
• Contribute ideas for interesting and innovative content
The ideal candidate(s) will have all or the majority of the following:-
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of media channels and best industry practice
• Experience producing written content for public consumption
• Awareness of importance in brand consistency and tone of voice
• Interest/knowledge of football
• Some experience running social media accounts
• Some understanding/skill in computer graphics (needed to reproduce matchday graphics)
• Access to a laptop
• Be available at evening/weekends
• Be willing to travel (costs subsidised or travel provided)
This position is potentially open to multiple individuals, either to help cover all matches or all responsibilities. If you’re interested in one area, in particular, please state on your application.
Updated 18:42 - 7 Feb 2018 by Lingfield FC Admin
The club has plans in place to launch a television channel for the new season. This role is for someone to completely manage, under the guidance of the Head of Media the complete output of Lingfield FC TV.
With this being a new venture the opportunity is there for the successful individual to grow the channel in their own vision depending on time able to commit. Our minimal offering will be highlights of all first team games.
An arrangement is already in place for the filming and editing of the highlights so this will not be a requirement of the role.
• Conduct pre/post match interviews
• Film alternative content (i.e not matches)
• Generate interesting and innovative ideas for additional content
This position is also open to multiple individuals to potentially run the channel as a group/team to share responsibility.
Neither role is paid but we’ll aim to cover expenses and all necessary travel will be provided. We believe both roles are ideal for students or individuals who have genuine ambitions of a career in sports media and will provide invaluable experience.